Monday, July 18, 2011

Adventures Around Kansas

Since July 1, I have been keeping myself busy. I flew back to Kansas on July 2. Celebrated the 4th of July with the family on the 3rd. Relaxed/unpacked on the 4th, 5th, and 6th. On July 7th, I drove to Pittsburg to visit cousin Rachel. We joined with Lexie on the 8th and drove over to Joplin to visit Penny. We ate lunch at Cabo de Sol (I think that's what it was called) and then Lexie had to leave for work, but Rachel and I hung out with Penny a bit longer.

On July 9th, I left Rachel's around noon because she had a birthday party to go to. I went to JD's house in Frontenac. We caught up, then went and got lunch before packing up to go to the Royals game. We left for the game around 2:20pm or so after picking up JD's sister and waking Chris up. We picked up Kevin on the route and then met up with Nick, Ashley, Lisa, Kirk, Autumn, Shauna, Frank, and Emily at the K. I had a lot of fun, and the Royals won the game 13-6! Then we headed back down south and got back to Frontenac around midnight.

I left around 7:30am on the 10th in order to make it back to Iola in time to go to the Royals game with my family. I arrived around 9, and we finally left around 10am. I finally went to the Royals Hall of Fame. I never thought about the fact that the World Series trophy would be in there. I got extremely excited upon siting it! We sat through the game. It looked like the Royals were going to pull of a comeback in the bottom of the 9th since Eric Hosmer started off with a double, but they did not. Jacob and I took cousin Averie to run the bases for Kids Day. After running the bases, we headed to Lawrence, met up with Mandy & Toby, got dinner, then headed home.

On the 11, 12, and 13th, I mostly just continued relaxing and unpacking around the house. On the 13th, I packed for the trip to Florida with the family. On the 14th, I headed to Altamont and had a Harry Potter marathon with Ashley and Kevin before we went to the midnight premiere in Parsons.

On the 15th around noon, my family picked me up and we started the LONG drive to Florida. Finally got to Belleview, FL, around noon on the 16th. On the 17th, we had a family get-together at Aunt Faune's house. All of the old babies are now in elementary school, so I now feel old around the Florida family. We went swimming with the little kids multiple times. It was a fun day. I found out that I share a birthday with little Gavin (he turns 3 on Thursday! It was our first time meeting him).

Well that's all I've been up to the past couple weeks. Next post should be about the rest of the trip to Florida. Then I'll be headed out West for the next year. If you'd like to support me as a Jesuit Volunteer, please donate in my name. You can do so by donating via the website: https://jesuitvolunteers.myetap.org/fundraiser/smts/individual.do?participationRef=3926.0.338678029 or you can write a check to "Jesuit Volunteer Corps" with "Krystal Pennuto" on the memo line and sending it to: Jesuit Volunteer Corps; 801 St. Paul Street; Baltimore, MD 21202. Even $1 helps! Anything you can give, I thank you!

Until next time,
Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment